No items matching your keywords were found.
Up for auction here is a 90's Fender Ventures signature Jazzmaster. I got this last January from a guy in Holland and have barley used it. The FENDER VENTURES LIMITED EDITION JAZZMASTER was a limited edition Fender Japan model that was only available in 1996. The pickups are two single coils: a Seymour Duncan SJM-1N in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan SJM-1B in the bridge position. The controls are single volume and tone pots, with a 3-way pickup selector. The body is a double cut-away Jazzmaster shaped and made from light ash and the pickguard is three ply white pearloid. The maple neck had a satin finish and a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard, with white pearloid block inlays and white binding. The 1960's Fender B neck profile was available as an option. Scale length was 25.5 inches. Finish is black transparent (black burst) with a matching black sunburst headstock. The original recommended retail price was around $1300.
The Ventures Bob Bogle recalled discussions with Fender about his Jazzmaster model, "When asked for our input on the Jazzmaster, we presented Fender with some changes that we had always wished for. There had always been a pickup switch mounted up high on the body for which we never had any use, so we had that removed. They also obliged when we asked for the volume and tone controls to be mounted further away from the strings. the pickups were Seymour Duncans special JM units designed to produce the tones of the original Jazzmaster."
Fender announced these Japanese made limited edition Ventures models in their glossy Frontline magazine, distributed to dealers. US dealers could only stock the guitars in complete sets (Stratocaster, Jazzmaster and Jazz bass). Several Ventures fans bought the entire sets for around $4275.
The Ventures promoted the guitars at the January 1996 NAMM show in Los Angeles, playing at Fenders fiftieth anniversary concert. Fender reportedly only manufactured about 500 of these guitars and exported 147 of those to the USA. So this is quite a rare guitar and definitely an investment for the future.
The guitar is used but in very good condition, with only a small ding on the back at the bottom, which the previous owner put a spot of black paint on. When I got this I wasn't sure if it was just dinged or if it had one dab of black paint over the area, which had been dinged. However I think the latter is what has been done. I have two photos to show this. It's quite hard to capture, so make sure you understand what I have stated about this before bidding. The ding is very small about the size of a pickguard screw head. Also I have upgraded the standard Japanese Fender Tremolo arm and collet, with the fantastic staytrem system (in gold to match the hardware). This means the new harm is held in place with moulded plastic in the collet, which fits the arm diameter exactly. Now there is no squeak of metal on metal and the arm always stays exactly where you leave it (even at odd positions). I also asked him to change the angle of the arm to make it easy to strum and play for those shoegazer sounds. The last upgrade is a Mastery Bridge. I don't like the stock bridges on Jaguars and Jazzmasters. The playability is now very good. The guitar stays in tune and the strings never slip! Lastly the guitar comes in a flight case, which has been cut to fit this guitar. The case alone is worth around £150.00 and nothing will happen to it!
All the original hardware (bridge, tremolo arm and original collet) are included and will take minutes to put back, making this all original. The Mastery Bridge case, instructions, and hex keys are included too. So you can make your own adjustments if you wish. The changes I made, make this a much better guitar to play! This is a really great Jazzmaster and I'm only selling to fund the recent purchase of some vintage gear. This model was used by the Raveonettes, Glasvegas and the Ventures among others.
Please read this next bit regarding postage VERY carefully!
I will post this guitar worldwide. Please contact me for an exact quote if you're interested. I will need your full address to do this. The exact price of postage will be calculated at the end of the auction. So please wait for me to send you an invoice before you pay. Also viewing this item before the close of the auction is fine, so please ask if you want to do this and we can arrange a time for you to come along and have a look at it. Lastly, if you want to save on postage and collect this item, then that's also fine!
I would prefer to send this guitar fully insured. Unfortunately this along with the weight and size of the case puts the price of postage up and makes it far more expensive. Below is an example of these rates:
Postage to the UK will be aprox £130.00 this includes insurance up to the value of £1500 and sent via UPS, TNT or FedEx. Please make sure you understand this before bidding. You can collect this too.
Europe will be about £185.00
Postage to the US and Canada will be aprox £271.00
Postage to Australia and Aisa will be about £365.00
For other locations or an exact quote please check with me for a price.
If any damage occurs I will only claim for the exact amount that the repair would cost. I will not defraud the courier! Also I will need the buyer to supply an invoice or proof of costs to forward to the courier so they have evidence of the work needing carried out. By bidding on this auction you agree to have read all these terms and conditions and agree with the rules I laid out before bidding.
As I stated above, the insurance and the weight is putting the price of postage up a lot! It's aprox £83.00 within the UK for coverage up to £1500! I can't find a cheaper price. I have been using Parcel2Go to send items for a while now and they offer you the best couriers to different locations. But that's the best deal I have from them. You can check them out here:
If you would like to try and have a look around for a better price or arrange your own courier, then here are the dimension and weight of the box/guitar. If you find something let me know:
L = 150cm
W = 71cm
H = 26cm
Weight = 15kg
As the insured postage is very high, I will agree to send this guitar without insurance to keep the cost of postage down. The rates quoted on the postage and payments tab on the auction page reflect the uninsured prices. For the buyer to take advantage of these rates, he/she must agree with the following conditions before bidding, otherwise I will have to send the Guitar with insurance:
1. By asking me to send this item without insurance, you are agreeing to waver any claim against me in the event of loss or damage. I will still send this so it's trackable and requires a signature. I will also take dated photos of the item as I pack it and up to the point of collection. These will be provided to PayPal / eBay in the event of any claim made against me to prove the item was as described in the listing and to show it's condition before collection. Anything which happens in transit will not be covered and you are agreeing to take the risk.
2. If you want me to send this without insurance then I will email you a form to read, sign and date at the end of the auction. This form will absolve me from all claims made for loss / damage after the collection of this item. I have described this item accurately and to the best of my knowledge, everything I have stated in this listing is correct. The completed form will need to be returned to me before I will send you the final invoice. In the event of any claim being made against me, I will provide this waver form to eBay / PayPal (along with photos etc..) to again show that you asked for this item to be sent uninsured and agreed to take the risk.
3. By bidding on this auction you agree to have read all the above terms and conditions. You also agree with the rules I have laid out before bidding. Please remember that I would prefer to send this insured, as both parties are then covered in the event of loss or damage.
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTIONS, AS I HAVE A VERY RARE 1967 FENDER BASS V AND A 2007 J MASCIS JAZZMASTER FOR SALE.
318 total views, 1 so far today
- Fender American Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster Olympic White Rwood Lead Crcuit
- 2008 Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special With Gigbag
- 2008 Fender Artist Series J Mascis Signature Model Jazzmaster Purple Sparkle
- 2012 Fender Custom Shop 1963 Jazzmaster Nos 3cs Used W/gigbag
- 1997-2000 Fender Japan Jazzmaster Jm66-80 3 Tone Sunburst Alder Tremolo Arm.